Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Release the Bordeaux

The Bordeaux's have been Release.............

September 29th was the day that LCBC Released the 2009 Bordeaux's.
There was a great selection and a wide range of prices from $25.00 to a high of $3,800 (Chateau Petrus, Pomerol)

Going to the opening day of the release is quite the experience, it's like throwing a piece of bread to a bunch of hungry fish.  You see people buying cases of wine of $200 per bottle,  or ringing up a tab of $4,000. (This is what I experienced on my first venture).  I was out of luck when I went to the 39th and Oak Street LCBC and could not find anything under $95

But with brochure in hand, the web, a glass of red wine and persistence I searched for the bottles I wanted and found the stores that carried them. Now with wine SKU's and store telephone numbers in hand I was going to call them all. WELL, just to let you know they do not update the computer system on weekends so ALL the locations I called did not have any of the less expense Bordeaux's remaining. I made one last call and they said their computer showed a couple of bottles of my last choice! My luck is changing! Well it turned out they could not find them. They took my telephone number and would call me if they found them. My thought was "There will always be another release, but not the 2009!" With the weekend coming to an end my thoughts have moved onto other things when I get a call saying they found the bottles. Within 30 minutes I was the proud owner of my first two 2009 Bordeaux wines. They cost me $25.00 each and I will be drinking them in 4 years! Oh I can't wait for 2014 to crack open these bottles.

Next year; I will be one of the fish that are waiting outside the LCBC with the 2010 Bordeaux Release brochure in hand, post-it marking the pages and standing waiting for the doors to open. You have to love wine to appreciate the suspense of waiting for the release of a fine vintage from Bordeaux and to open a bottle of wine in 2014.

A review of the wine I purchased. This is not my review it is the review from the Brochure. You will need to wait until 2014 for my comments.

Chateau Saint Paul, Haut-Medoc

"Dark ruby/garnet with notes of sweet red and black currants, licorice and roasted herbs, this blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot boasts round, gernerous flavors and good sweetnes and flesh. Drink it over the next 5 - 6 years" - Wine Advocate

85 pts. Wine Advocate (click on link for Wine Advocate)

Second Type of Wine purchased:

Chateau Tour du Haut-Moulin,  Haut-Medoc,

Once I open this wine I will be posting my comments.

Grapes involved in making this wine 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot




Bordeaux Region


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment